Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

17 February 2010

1834 – St Nicholas of Myra, Francis Street, Dublin

Architect: John Leeson / John Bourke Built between 1829-34 by John Leeson with later work by John Bourke in 1858, St Nicholas is the only church in the city to preserve its two...

17 February 2010

1914 – National Concert Hall, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin

Architect: Rudolph Maximilian Butler The National Concert Hall is built on part of the Coburg Gardens (now Iveagh Gardens) in which the Dublin International Exhibition of 1865 was held. After the exhibitions, the...

17 February 2010

1868 – St. Ann’s Church of Ireland, Dawson Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Newenham Deane The original church on this site by Isaac Wills, designed in 1720 but never fully completed, was demolished in 1868 to make way for the current structure. Designed...

17 February 2010

1715 – Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin

It was here that Joshua Dawson built the mansion, which was purchased in 1715 by the Corporation for £3,500 as a residence for the Lord Mayor and which, has been subsequently extended to...

17 February 2010

1965 – O’Connell Bridge House, D’Olier Street, Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald Much hated building on a very important site, O’Connell Bridge House stands 11 storeys high and overlooks O’Connell Bridge. At one time, the advertisement on the facade earned almost as...

17 February 2010

1928 – Dublin Gas Company, D’Olier Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe The former headquarters of the Dublin Gas Company (built in 1928) has two facades with two different architectural styles. The main facade onto D’Olier Street is Art Deco with a...

17 February 2010

1891 – D’Olier Chambers, D’Olier Street, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Built in 1891 by J.F Fuller for the Gallaher Tobacco Company out of yellow brick and terracotta. Cleverly used to turn the corner, the building is prominent with its decorative...

17 February 2010

1798 – Former Irish Times Offices, D’Olier Street, Dublin

An excellent terrace restored in the 1990s with original shopfronts and much as the Wide Street Commissioners would have seen it after completion. Originally many of the houses of D’Olier Street and Westmoreland...

16 February 2010

1944 – Ffrench-Mullan House, Charlemont Street, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Designed and built during The Emergency (Second World War), these flats were intended to be developed along the length of Charlemont Street. However only this block was built. The flats...