Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

16 February 2010

1963 – Nassau House, Nassau Street, Dublin

Architect: Lardner & Partners One of three office blocks built along here by Norwich Union in the 1960s destroying a collection of varied Victorian commercial buildings in the process.

16 February 2010

1967 – Norwich Union, Nassau Street, Dublin

Architect: Lardner & Partners One of three office blocks built along here by Norwich Union in the 1960s destroying a collection of varied Victorian commercial buildings in the process.

16 February 2010

1821 – St Stephen’s Church of Ireland, Mount Street, Dublin

Architect: John Bowden Centred in the middle of Mount Street Crescent, St Stephens’ is better known to Dubliners as the Peppercanister due its distinctive spire. Started in 1821 and designed by John Bowden,...

16 February 2010

1868 – Masonic Lodge, Molesworth Street, Dublin

Architect: Edward Holmes Built on the site of the townhouse of their first Grandmaster, the Earl of Rosse, this building was completed in 1866. The result of an architectural competition, it was designed...

16 February 2010

1762 – Merrion Square, Dublin

Developed by the Fitzwilliam Estate and named Merrion after the second Viscount Fitzwilliam of Merrion.The first project of the Fitzwilliam Estate was Merrion Street and it was quickly built on and plans were...

16 February 2010

1864 – National Gallery of Ireland, Merrion Square, Dublin

Architect: Richard Griffith, Charles Lanyon, Captain Francis Fowke, Sir Thomas Manly Deane, Benson + Forsyth The original building was an exact elevational copy of the Natural History Museum by Frederick Clarendon across Leinster...

16 February 2010

1859 – Natural History Museum, Merrion Square, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Clarendon Although externally well designed in an austere granite classicism between 1856-57 – it is the interior of the Natural History Museum which deserves the most attention. Known as the ‘Dead...

16 February 2010

1803 – Former Houses of Parliament / Bank of Ireland, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Edward Pearce, James Gandon, Robert Parke, Francis Johnston This was the first purpose built Parliament House in the world and was constructed at a great time of public confidence in Dublin. The...

16 February 2010

1867 – National Irish Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: William G. Murray & Sir Thomas Drew Originally this Bank opened as the Union Bank in 1867 with only four bays on College Green and two on Church Lane. it was designed...