Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

06 May 2014

1861 – St. Mary’s Institute for Catholic Blind Females, Harold’s Cross, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Proposal for an asylum for the blind at Harold’s Cross. Described by the architect, Charles Geoghegan as “The entire range of new buildings presents a frontage to the south of...

06 May 2014

1881 – Donore Presbyterian Church, South Circular Road, Dublin

Architect: William Stirling Presbyterian church and manse constructed for a congregation of around 500. Originally constructed for a congregation of Presbyterians who were based next to the Guinness Brewery and accepted a buy-out...

02 May 2014

1981 – Dublin Port & Docks Building, East Wall, Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Intended to be a building with a strong visual presence in the port and succeeds as such. The six-storey building sits on a raised podium with the top floor...

23 April 2014

1886 – Methodist Chapel, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Closed in 1964 and sold. “The building is faced externally with Thompson’s red pressed facing bricks. Internally the walls are finished in grey coating and the red brick window jambs...

21 April 2014

1880 – Selected design for offices Mercer’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: J.H. Brett Unbuilt design for new wing of Mercer’s Hospital. In 1884, a new wing was added to designs of the same architect J.H. Brett. “This hospital was founded in the year...

12 April 2014

1876 – Laurence Egan’s, 87 North King Street, Dublin

Architect: O’Neill & Byrne This fine Victorian commercial premises still stands on North King Street, although hardly recognisable underneath modern signage, shop fronts and garish paint. The doorway to the right of the...

11 April 2014

1867 – Design for Hugh Moore & Co., Capel St., Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty Unbuilt proposal for a warehouse for a wholesale druggist, Hugh Moore & Co., for Capel Street on the site of the Scot’s church. The provision of the design became as...

07 April 2014

1899 – Star Life Assurance, College Green Dublin

Architect: Arthur Blomfield Jackson Constructed between 1899 and 1901 by English architect Arthur Blomfield Jackson, and his only work in Ireland. As it had done a few times around this time to other...

02 April 2014

1889 – Nos. 16-17 Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Now demolished and replaced with a office building in 1957 for the Friends’ Provident & Century Assurance Co. “With present issue we give a view of 16 and 17 Suffolk-street,...