Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

18 February 2010

1879 – Olympia Theatre, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: R.N. Bruton Remodeled in 1897, this is, internally, the most elaborate of the remaining theatres in Dublin. A plain facade with a cast-iron canopy hides an elaborate interior complete with its gods....

18 February 2010

1865 – No. 39 “Lucky Coadys”, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty “Lucky Coady’s” gets its name from its past as a small shop that sold Irish Sweepstakes tickets, having sold many winning tickets over the years. The shop has a fine...

18 February 2010

1870 – No.29 Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers Built in the narrow Wide Streets Commissioners plot, is this ornate office building for the Caledonian Fire & Life Insurance Company. The pair of windows on the first floor are...

17 February 2010

1980 – Central Bank of Ireland, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates Another one of Sam Stephenson’s buildings that was to attract a lot of criticism both for its height and original roofline (in contravention of the Planning Permission) and...

17 February 2010

1868 – Trinity Arch Hotel, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Newenham Deane Designed by Sir Thomas Newenham Deane in 1868 and modeled on the London head office of Crown Life, which was designed in 1858 by his former partner Benjamin...

17 February 2010

1877 – Allied Irish Bank, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Newenham Deane This bank was formerly the Munster and Leinster Bank and was designed by Thomas Deane in 1872 basing the design on the Museum in Trinity College of almost...

17 February 2010

1930 – Former Burton’s Store, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Harry Wilson The former Burton’s Store on the corner of Dame and South Great George’s Streets is one of the most expressive and exciting facades in the city. Built between 1928 and...

17 February 2010

1779 – City Hall, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Cooley The site of City Hall on Cork Hill was originally the site of Sainte Marie del Dame which came into the possession of Richard Boyle 1st Earl of Cork who...

17 February 2010

2010 – Grand Canal Theatre, Dublin

Architect: Studio Daniel Libeskind This brand new 2,111 capacity purpose built theatre was designed by architect Daniel Libeskind and is due to open in March 2010. According to Studio Daniel Libeskind, “The concept...


Skip to toolbar