Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

17 February 2010

2008 – Marker Hotel, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin

Architect: Manuel Aires Mateus Due for completion in late 2008, but still not finished by early 2010, the hotel designed by Manuel Aires Mateus is another failed attempt to bring big-name architecture glamour...

17 February 2010

2007 – Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin

Architect: Martha Schwartz Overly gimmicky and ultimately unsuccessful attempt to design a new city square in the south docklands. The use of colour, although imaginative, turns the landscaping into an Irish version of...

17 February 2010

2007 – Alto Vetro, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin

Architect: Shay Cleary Architects Architectural perfection in a small package – delicately proportioned and beautifully detailed, this small apartment block is an architectural triumph for Shay Cleary Architects – proof that great architecture...

17 February 2010

2007 – No.1 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin

Architect: DMOD No. 1 Grand Canal Square is a mixed-use commercial development, located on a prominent site on the south side of the Grand Canal Square, recently redeveloped by landscape architect Martha Schwartz....

17 February 2010

2002 – Water Tower, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin

Architect: Shay Cleary Architects Conversion of trackside water tower to commercial office space by adding a spectacular stairwell and lift shaft and two extra stories to the top.

17 February 2010

1998 – Charlotte Quay Apartments, Grand Canal Docks, Dublin

Architect: O’Mahony Pike Architects A mixed development of 16 floors on the dockside of the larger basin of the two at the Grand Canal Docks. This waterside site is located at a focal...

17 February 2010

1994 – Irish Waterways Visitor Centre, Grand Canal Docks, Dublin

Architect: Office of Public Works The Irish Waterways Visitor Centre is located in one of the waterways it celebrates – the Inner Basin of the 1796 Grand Canal Dock. Although seemingly a floating...

17 February 2010

1796 – Grand Canal Locks, Dublin

The Earl of Camden opened the docks and one of the large locks, which separate the docks from the Liffey, was named after him. The other two being the Buckingham and Westmoreland Locks....

17 February 2010

1912 – Nos.102-3 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Originally constructed for West & Son, in a style heavily influenced by Richard Norman Shaw’s work in England. Described as having a “Louis XVI interior”.


Skip to toolbar