Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

08 February 2010

1967 – Berkeley Library, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Ahrends Burton Koralek Named after Bishop George Berkeley (1687-1753), this building caused quite a stir when built inside Trinity’s grounds next to Burgh’s Library building. In accordance with Le Corbusier’s belief that...

08 February 2010

1953 – Moyne Institute, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Desmond Fitzgerald

08 February 2010

1937 – War Memorial Reading Room, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Thomas Manly Deane Small classically inspired reading room, connected by tunnel to the Long Library and intended for the use of Postgraduate students. An octagonal reading room on a plinth with a...

08 February 2010

1902 – Graduates Memorial Building, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew

08 February 2010

1853 – Campanile, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir Charles Lanyon Originally intended to be linked to the buildings on either side by an “arcaded screen,” the campanile is often used pictorially to represent Trinity College. The belfry is a...

08 February 2010

1798 – Chapel, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers The chapel was designed by Sir William Chambers in 1798 to match his Examination Hall across the quadrangle. The chapel is much more elaborate and is unique in Ireland...

08 February 2010

1785 – Examination Hall, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Sir William Chambers Designed by Sir William Chambers, the Examination Hall faces across the main quadrangle towards the Chapel which he also designed. Also known as the Public Theatre and intended for...

08 February 2010

1760 – Dining Hall, Trinity College Dublin

Architect: Hugh Darley In the 1740s Richard Cassels designed and built a Dining Hall on this site replacing an earlier structure. However on two separate occasions, the vaults collapsed and it was eventually...

08 February 2010

1760 – Provost’s House, Trinity College Dublin

The Provost is the head of Trinity College and accordingly a sumptuous residence was provided. Originally the position was held until death with the next incumbent being elected by the fellows of the...