Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

04 February 2010

1922 – Former Presbytery, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Former presbytery for the neighbouring St. Paul’s Church, and now offices for a Catholic church-based youth organisation. A substantial house, well set-back from the traffic, it is a far-cry...

04 February 2010

2001 – Boardwalk, Liffey Quays, Dublin

Architect: McGarry Ní Éanaigh Architects Constructed as a Millenium project along Batchelors Walk and Lower Ormond Quay, the Boardwalk is an attractive promenade mounted on the quay walls at road level over the...

02 February 2010

2007 – Arup Building, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: Fitzgerald Kavanagh & Partners The original building with its Art Deco touches was maintained as a facade at streetlevel to this mixed use development. Built as a speculative development, Arup Consulting Engineers...

02 February 2010

1932 – DUTC Powerhouse, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: Vincent Kelly Former power station for the Dublin United Tramways Company. Plasterer: M. Creedon.

02 February 2010

1936 – Thorncastle Street Flats, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: Herbert G. Simms Three large blocks along the Dodder river as it enters the Liffey at Grand Canal Docks, the end block closest to Bridge Street is the oldest and most decorative....

02 February 2010

1937 – Ringsend Public Library, Dublin

Architect: Robert S. Lawrie One of four public libraries built during the period 1937 by Dublin Corporation in the suburbs of Phibsborough, Ringsend, Drumcondra and Inchicore. These simple building have Art Deco styling...

02 February 2010

1925 – Former Regal Cinema, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara Like many Dublin suburbs, Ringsend had its own cinema. Unfortunately like many, it closed due to declining attendences. A relatively simple facade, the minimum of architectural detail is used to...

02 February 2010

1916 – St Patrick’s Church, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Fine early 20th century Gothic revival church on an awkward site which the architect has made the most of by placing the tower and spire along the roadside...

02 February 2010

1915 – Terraced Housing, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Fine terrace of housing with commercial premises on the end with a nice corner entranceway. Leads into a scheme of similar houses built for Pembroke UDC. Opened by Chief...