Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

02 February 2010

1788 – Dodder Bridge, Ringsend, Dublin

Fine stone single span bridge linking the village of Ringsend to the city centre, by an unknown architect.

02 February 2010

1879 – St Matthew’s Royal Chapel, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Originally erected for the city Corporation in 1704-06, the tower was later added in 1713. The church was largely rebuilt in 1878-79 by J.F. Fuller, leaving the tower as the...

02 February 2010

2001 – Longmeadow Apartments, Conyngham Road, Dublin

Architects: O’Mahoney Pike More poor to average development architecturally on a great site overlooking the river Liffey, there are some excellent views from the upper storeys on the river front.

02 February 2010

1875 – Liffey Railway Bridge, Conyngham Road, Dublin

A fine bridge leading to the Phoenix Park tunnel which links Heuston Station to Connolly Station via Cabra and which is now mainly used for freight trains. The Longmeadow Apartment scheme can be...

02 February 2010

1930 – Islandbridge War Memorial, Dublin

Architect: Sir Edwin Lutyens Designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens, the Irish National War Memorial commemorates the estimated 49,000 Irishmen – all volunteers who died and the estimated 300,000 who fought in the British...

02 February 2010

1846 – Heuston Station, Dublin

Architect: Sancton Wood / Sir John MacNeill Formerly Kingsbridge Station and another of Dublin’s four railway termini, Heuston Station was commissioned in 1846 from Sancton Wood, an English architect. Easily the most impressive...

02 February 2010

1717 – Dr Steeven’s Hospital, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Burgh Now the headquarters of the Eastern Health Board, Dr Steeven’s Hospital was built to cater for the poor and destitute, and was founded in 1717 with a bequest from Dr...

01 February 2010

1905 – Canon O’Hanlon Memorial National School, Sandymount, Dublin

When Canon O’Hanlon died in 1905 after 25 years as Parish priest, three new rooms were built and the school was re-named the Canon O’Hanlon Memorial School. These rooms now form the school...

01 February 2010

1858 – Church of Our Lady, Star of the Sea, Sandymount, Dublin

Architects: J.J. McCarthy / W.H. Beardwood The main facade with its three gables demonstrates the interior layout; the aisles and nave are the same width. Designed by J.J. McCarthy in 1851-58, it was...