Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

26 January 2010

1862 – Christ Church Presbyterian, Rathgar, Dublin

Architect: Andrew Heiton Designed in the 14th century French Gothic style, this Presbyterian church occupied an awkward and important site in Rathgar. At the main road junction in the village, the site slopes...

26 January 2010

1860 – Church of the Three Patrons, Rathgar, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne The Church of the Three Patrons, Rathgar Road was built between 1860 and 1862 and was one of the last buildings of Patrick Byrne who built many churches in Dublin....

26 January 2010

1884 – Great Palm House, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin

Costing £800, the Great Palm House, which was made of wood and iron, was prefabricated in the Scottish town of Paisley by James Boyd & Son. It was shipped to Ireland in pieces,...

26 January 2010

1934 – Rathmines Post Office, Dublin

Architect: Howard Cooke – Office of Public Works Quality building with Art Deco overtones, the Post Office (and formerly Telephone Exchange) in Rathmines is a much overlooked building at a very busy traffic...

26 January 2010

1901 – Former Trustee Savings Bank, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: Vincent Craig Designed by the Belfast based architect Vincent Craig (brother of the first Prime-minister of Northern Ireland, Lord Craigavon) as a branch for the Belfast Banking Company. This later became part...

26 January 2010

1854 – Mary Immaculate Refuge of Sinners Church, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne / W.H. Byrne Built in 1854 “in the greek style” by Patrick Byrne and later extended by W.H. Byrne who added the portico and pediment. This pediment is inscribed “Mariae...

26 January 2010

1896 – Former Rathmines Town Hall, Dublin

Architect: Sir Thomas Drew Around the city centre of Dublin was many smaller independent towns including Rathmines. Although now considered part of the city centre, Rathmines boasts the most impressive of the townhalls...

26 January 2010

1998 – Ranelagh Multi-Denominational School, Dublin

Architect: O’Donnell + Tuomey Winner of the RIAI Gold Medal 1998-2001, the Ranelagh Multi-Denominational School is an interwoven series of indoor and outdoor spaces – hollowed out within a shell of recycled brick....

26 January 2010

1964 – Irish Nationwide Headquarters, Grand Parade, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe Devane Carroll’s of Grand Parade was designed and built in 1962-64 which was a period of great modernisation in Ireland both of society and of the city of Dublin. Originally...