Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

20 January 2010

1864 – St Bartholomew’s Church of Ireland, Clyde Road, Dublin

Architect: T.H. Wyatt On a wonderful leafy corner site in the heart of suburban Ballsbridge, Bartholomew’s was designed in a Gothic Revival for Sidney Herbert, of the Earls of Pembroke. The original design...

20 January 2010

1872 – Former Rectory, Clyde Road, Dublin

Architect: J.E. Rogers The former rectory by J.E. Rogers, and the parish hall of 1880 by Sir Thomas Newenham Deane were sold off some years ago. They are now maintained by the Knights...

20 January 2010

2003 – EBS, Burlington Road, Dublin

Architect: Brian O’Halloran and Associates Fine office headquarters for the Educational Building Society, designed by Brian O’Halloran and Associates, the tinted glazing is particularly eye-catching. Compared to many of the office buildings constructed...

20 January 2010

1971 – Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, Burlington Road, Dublin

Architect: Stephenson Gibney & Associates With a debt to Kahn’s theory of serviced spaces and services, the Institute for Advanced Studies has a solid spine containing stairs, lift and services, off which hangs...

20 January 2010

1998 – Herbert Park Offices,, Anglesea Road, Dublin

Adjacent to the hotel and apartment blocks is this large office block that steps down to the river.

20 January 2010

1998 – Herbert Park Hotel, Anglesea Road, Dublin

Architect: O’Mahony Pike A fairly bland hotel architecturally with a large bedroom block running towards an entrance of the Herbert Park. The other end comes to a pointed end facing towards Northumberland Road...

20 January 2010

1998 – Park Lane Apartments, Anglesea Road, Dublin

Architect: O’Mahony Pike With the nearby hotel and apartment block, this constitutes the old Johnston Mooney & O’Brien bakery site, and was the subject of a political scandal some years ago. Now redeveloped,...

20 January 2010

1929 – Pembroke Library, Anglesea Road, Dublin

Architect: Arnold F. Hendy A graceful little library with a rather unfortunate porch attached. This small brick library just off Merrion Road and surrounded by RDS property has an interesting central bay. This...

20 January 2010

1764 – Mellows Bridge, Dublin

This is the oldest standing bridge spanning the Liffey. Built in 1764 and completed in 1768, it was originally known as Queens Bridge after Charlotte of Mecklenburg, wife of George III. It was...