Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

20 January 2010

1964 – United States Embassy, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: John MacL. Johansen A fine example of modern architecture in the heart of leafy Ballsbridge, the three storey over basement United States Embassy blends in well with the Victorian architecture of the...

20 January 2010

1966 – Hume House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: Lardner & Associates Hume House is named after its developers, a UK based body called Hume Holdings. Originally the seven floors of office space were placed on columns but during a makeover...

20 January 2010

1967 – Carrisbrook House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: McDonnell & Dixon Grim office block on an important corner site in Ballsbridge, Carrisbrook House was built on the site of a large Victorian house. The building has an unique hexagonal plan...

20 January 2010

1967 – Lansdowne House, Northumberland Road, Dublin

Architect: Brian Hogan A massive development on the site of some large Victorian houses, Lansdowne House was the first headquaters of AIB in 1967. Nine storeys and 102 feet in height it is...

20 January 2010

2003 – Connaught House, Mespil Road, Dublin

Architect: Henry J. Lyons & Partners The replacement building on the Pelican House site – designed to maximise the floor space on the property at the expense of open space and aesthetics.

20 January 2010

1963 – Pelican House, Mespil Road, Dublin

Architects: Downes Meehan and Robson Demolished in 2001, Downes Meehan and Robson headquarters for the Irish Life Assurance Company (later used by the Blood Transfusion Board) was one of the earliest office development...

20 January 2010

1879 – Former Pembroke Town Hall, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: E.H. Carson Now used by the City of Dublin Vocational Education Committee, the former Pembroke Town Hall was designed by E.H. Carson, the father of Edward Carson, the Unionist Leader, in 1879....

20 January 2010

1882 – Former Masonic Girl’s School, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: McCurdy & Mitchell The former Former Masonic Girl’s School has now been redeveloped by Bewleys as an hotel, with additional bedroom blocks built in a similar style to the south and west...

20 January 2010

1978 – Allied Irish Banks Headquarters, Merrion Road, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe Devane A commercial headquarters on a US model with its heavily landscaped grounds, the AIB Bankgroup building was developed on lands belonging to the Royal Dublin Society across the road....