Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

02 February 2010

1925 – Former Regal Cinema, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: T.F. McNamara Like many Dublin suburbs, Ringsend had its own cinema. Unfortunately like many, it closed due to declining attendences. A relatively simple facade, the minimum of architectural detail is used to...

02 February 2010

1916 – St Patrick’s Church, Ringsend, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Fine early 20th century Gothic revival church on an awkward site which the architect has made the most of by placing the tower and spire along the roadside...

02 February 2010

1915 – Terraced Housing, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Fine terrace of housing with commercial premises on the end with a nice corner entranceway. Leads into a scheme of similar houses built for Pembroke UDC. Opened by Chief...

02 February 2010

1875 – Oarsman Public House, Ringsend, Dublin

Elaborate stucco facade marks out this public house from the rest of the street – the pediment contains a representation of a round tower, a celtic high cross and an Irish Wolfhound –...

02 February 2010

1904 – Former School, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller In use for many years as a gospel hall, the congregation moved here from the more elaborate Merrion Hall in the city centre. Formerly the St. Matthew’s National Schools, built...

02 February 2010

1788 – Dodder Bridge, Ringsend, Dublin

Fine stone single span bridge linking the village of Ringsend to the city centre, by an unknown architect.

02 February 2010

1879 – St Matthew’s Royal Chapel, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Originally erected for the city Corporation in 1704-06, the tower was later added in 1713. The church was largely rebuilt in 1878-79 by J.F. Fuller, leaving the tower as the...

02 February 2010

2001 – Longmeadow Apartments, Conyngham Road, Dublin

Architects: O’Mahoney Pike More poor to average development architecturally on a great site overlooking the river Liffey, there are some excellent views from the upper storeys on the river front.

02 February 2010

1875 – Liffey Railway Bridge, Conyngham Road, Dublin

A fine bridge leading to the Phoenix Park tunnel which links Heuston Station to Connolly Station via Cabra and which is now mainly used for freight trains. The Longmeadow Apartment scheme can be...