Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

17 September 2009

1910 – Bridge Gallery of Modern Art, Dublin

Architect: Horace T. O’Rourke Sketch design by the city architect Horace T. O’Rourke for a new gallery on a bridge in the River Liffey.

17 September 2009

1891 – The Dublin Working Boy’s Home, Lord Edward Street, Dublin

Architect: Albert E. Murray Designed by Albert E. Murray, this former Boy’s Home is now a backpackers hostel and still well maintained. The original aims of the charity were to “afford comfortable and...

17 September 2009

1913 – Dublin Municipal Offices Competition

Architect: McDonnell & Reid, Frederick G. Hicks, O’Callaghan & Webb The placed entries in a competition to design new offices for the then Dublin Corporation on Lord Edward Street, close to City Hall....

17 September 2009

1906 – Royal College of Science & Government Office, Merrion Street, Dublin

Architect: Aston Webb One of the most visually impressive of Dublin’s buildings and the butt of many pointed comments after its recent expensive restoration and refurbishment as Government Office, the building was constructed...

17 September 2009

1884 – National Museum & Library, Kildare St., Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Designed as part of the same scheme as the National Library, the building has recently being undergoing complete restoration inside and out. The elevation to Kildare Street is...

19 July 2009

1890s – Post Office, 5 Usher’s Quay, Dublin

Fine post office facade on otherwise plain facade. Nice “Irish” style lettering in the signage.

12 June 2009

2001 – Fleming Court, Ballsbridge, Dublin

Architect: Project Architects Large office development shoehorned into tight site to the rear of Baggot Street. Interesting you of materials including a birght glossey blue cladding and some fine timberwork.

05 June 2009

Abercrombie, Patrick (1880-1957)

After training as an architect Patrick Abercrombie (1880-1957) became junior lecturer at the Liverpool School of Architecture where in 1915 he became the Professor of Civic Design. This position he retained until 1935...

03 May 2009

1908 – Nos. 16-17 Halston St., Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Offices, originally built for Carton Bros., poultry, game, egg, butter and cheese agents.