Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

03 May 2009

1908 – Nos. 16-17 Halston St., Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Offices, originally built for Carton Bros., poultry, game, egg, butter and cheese agents.

02 May 2009

1960s – Social Welfare Offices, North Cumberland Street, Dublin

02 May 2009

1940s – Hendrons, Dominick St., Dublin

Former manufacturing plant, now artist studios and light commercial space.

01 May 2009

1857 – Thomas Moore Statue, College St., Dublin

Sculptor: Christopher Moore At the junction of College Street and Westmoreland Street, stranded on a traffic island with a disused public toilet is this statue to the Irish bard Thomas Moore. The sculptor...

27 April 2009

1891 – McKee Barracks, Blackhorse Avenue, Dublin

Architect: Major Robert Barklie RE Imposing and extravagant cavalry barracks, completed 1891. Plans prepared by Royal Engineers Dept, carried out under supervision of Robert Barklie, who was from Larne, Co. Antrim.

27 April 2009

1782 – Mulligans, Poolbeg Street, Dublin

Mulligan’s pub was founded in 1782 and retains much of its original character with its low ceiling and wooden bar. Due to its proximity to the former Irish Press offices, it was a...

23 April 2009

1846 – Irish Rail Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Inchicore Works is the headquarters for Mechanical Engineering and Rolling Stock maintenance in Irish Rail. Established in 1846, it is the largest engineering complex of its kind in Ireland with a site area...

27 March 2009

1769 – St. Catherine’s Church, Thomas St., Dublin

Architect: John Smyth Originally built in 1185, the church was rebuilt in its present form in the 18th century by John Smyth (or Smith). Maurice Craig maintained that St. Catherine’s has “the finest...

27 March 2009

1809 – Nelson’s Pillar, O’Connell St., Dublin

Architect: William Wilkins Predating London’s Nelson Column by almost 30 years, Nelson’s Pillar was a 36.8m tall column with a 3.9m tall statue by Thomas Kirk in Portland Stone at the top. At...