Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dublin

28 March 2008

1973 – River House, 21/25 Chancery Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J. Sheahan & Partners Formerly the Motor Tax office, now empty, and possibly awaiting demolition. Abhorantly ugly development that was slated for demolition and redevelopment into an even more horrible building....

30 December 2007

1953 – Busáras, Store St., Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Busáras is one of the first post Second World War examples of the International Modern style in Europe. Busáras was designed by Michael Scott and his team of young architects...

20 December 2007

Dublin Street Names

Introduction to the derivation of the streetnames of Dublin. For more details, see Archiseek.com’s book “Dublin Street Names” available at Amazon.co.uk. A | B | C | D | E | F |...

08 July 2007

1890 – Tropical Fruit Importers Building, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin

The former Tropical Fruit Company warehouse is a fine warehouse from the 1890s, with two gables facing on the quays. It has two original keystones from Carlisle bridge which were too large for...

11 June 2007

1792 – Rutland Fountain, Merrion Square, Dublin

Architect: Francis Sandys Dating from 1792, the fountain is a commemoration of the Duke of Rutland, Charles Manners who commissioned the piece before his untimely death at the age of thirty-three. Originally water...

22 April 2007

1910 – Former Williams & Woods Warehouse, Kings Inns Street, Dublin

Architect: A large concrete frame warehouse with a overscaled cornice and rustication. Original signage on an angled corner facing down towards Parnell Street. Originally a warehouse for a sweet manufacturer, and recently used...