Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dun Laoghaire

28 January 2010

1865 – Presbyterian Manse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan Fine Victorian manse by Charles Geoghegan in the grounds of Andrew Heiton’s French gothic church on York Road.

28 January 2010

1821 – King George IV Monument, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

The town was officially renamed Kingstown in 1821 in honour of a visit by the British King George IV, but reverted to its ancient Irish name by resolution of the town council in...

28 January 2010

1859 – Coastguard Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: James H. Owen – Board of Public Works Like others built along the Irish coastline, this coastguard station features a lookout tower and residential units for crews and their families. Here, the...

28 January 2010

1842 – Royal St. George Yacht Club, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany / George Papworth A fine facade dominated by classical columns in a design of pedimented pavilions – designed over a period of some years and by two different architects....

27 January 2010

1861 – RNLI Boathouse, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Fine stone boathouse and slipway built for the launch of the lifeboat in times past. Due to size, the current lifeboat is now permanently moored in the harbour, so this little structure is...

27 January 2010

1904 – Methodist Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George F. Beckett In a town of spires and towers, this small Methodist Church on Northumberland Avenue has neither. A simple gothic revival design with interesting massing of entrances in relation to...

27 January 2010

1820 – Harbour Commissioner’s House, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Built in the neo-classical style with Dalkey granite in 1820. Contains an unusual staircase and is surmounted by a clock tower and signalling turret. Recently restored externally as the centrepiece of a modern...

27 January 2010

1865 – Mariners Church, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland / Raffles Brown Originally the principal Church of Ireland in the town, the Mariners Church, now the Maritime Museum, was built in two stages – 1837 and 1865. The original...

27 January 2010

1854 – Former Railway Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John Skipton Mulvany Opened in 1842 by the Dublin & Kingstown Railway Company, with further works in 1854, this is the third building along the waterfront by John Skipton Mulvany. Built over...