Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dun Laoghaire

27 January 2010

1998 – Dart Station, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Iarnród Éireann Architects One of the stations on the Dublin suburban line (Dart – Dublin Area Rapid Transport), Dun Laoghaire Station is a redevelopment of an older Victorian Station. The original station...

27 January 2010

1937 – Geragh, Sandycove, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott Designed by Michael Scott as a home for himself, he had bought the site by the martello tower at Sandycove some years before, and originally intended it as a site...

27 January 2010

1858 – Glandore, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Deane & Woodward Built for the de Vesci family, the house is designed around the contrasting main facades – the complex entrance front, with its prominent chimney and entrance porch, contrasts with...

27 January 2010

1860 – St. John the Evangelist, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Joseph Welland Designed as a Church of Ireland, and originally opened for public worship on 23 May 1860; consecrated 16 June 1864, it is now used by a conservative Catholic group who...

27 September 2009

1870 – School, Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: Welland & Gillespie

17 September 2009

1878 – New Magdalen Asylum & Laundry & Proposed Convent, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson

17 September 2009

1875 – St. Michael’s Hospital & Proposed Convent of Mercy, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson From The Architect, November 20, 1875: Thiis another charitable institution managed by the Sisters of Mercy at the desire of the Very Rev. Monsignor McCabe, P.P., to meet the...

17 September 2009

1888 – Floating Swimming Baths, Kingstown, Dublin

Architect: William Kaye-Parry Proposal for a floating swimming baths for Dun Laoghaire harbour.

17 September 2009

1879 – Dun Laoghaire Town Hall, Co. Dublin

Architect: John L. Robinson Now part of the larger Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Offices, the former Town Hall and Market House was a multipurpose building containing a Courthouse, trade and administration facilities for the...