Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Dundalk

24 March 2014

1886 – The Dundalk Club, Roden Place, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: John L. O’Hanlon Still standing today, with remarkably intact exterior with some fine decorative ironwork. “The new premises for the Dundalk Club (Limited) have been erected in Roden-place, Dundalk, from the designs...

28 February 2014

1883 – Design for Post Office, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: W.I. Chambers A design for Nos. 75-76 Clanbrassil Street in Dundalk. Published in The Irish Builder, December 15 1883.

06 January 2010

2004 – DKIT Faculty of Nursing, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker

06 January 2010

1969 – Former Carroll’s Factory, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker Now part of the Dundalk Institute of Technology’s campus, this was a ground breaking Irish factory design. Built by P.J. Carroll & Co. as a cigarette plant, the design...

06 January 2010

1931 – Allied Irish Bank, Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Attractive exercise is a retained twentieth century classical built as a branch of the Munster and Leinster Bank. The giant orders give the building an appearance of robust confidence with the attractive fenestration...

06 January 2010

1900 – Post Office, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Robert Cochrane A handsome Arts and Crafts influenced post office, by Robert Cochrane of the Board of Public Works, which offers a pleasing contrast to the Classical facades of neighbouring buildings. The...

06 January 2010

1902 – The Century Bar, Dundalk, Co. Louth

A rare Art Nouveau public house still well maintained. Perhaps designed by a Belfast firm, it was built by a Terence McDonald whose initials form the centrepiece of the bar. The delightful turret...

06 January 2010

1900 – No.73 Clanbrassil Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

A former bank, which has been converted into a shop, it has attractive moulded details that add greatly to its dignified fa├žade.

06 January 2010

1892 – St. Joseph’s Redemptorist Church and Monastery, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Built in two phases, the monastery 1879-1880, and the church 1890-1892, both designed by G.C. Ashlin and finished in Newry granite. It by James McAdorey, a Belfast man who had...

Pages:123Next »