Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


06 January 2010

1853 – Garda Station, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: John Neville Designed as the County Gaol by John Neville, and now in use as the town’s Garda Station. This is a fine if overblown piece of architecture. Neville was the County...

06 January 2010

1845 – No.16 Park Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: George Halpin / Millar & Symes Designed for the Bank of Ireland by George Halpin, this building was remodelled for Millar and Symes in the first part of the twentieth century. Banded...

06 January 2010

1834 – Former Louth Hospital, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Thomas Smith Designed by English architect Thomas Smith who came to work in County Louth in the early to mid 19th century. Now in use as extra accommodation for the nearby Grammar...

06 January 2010

1819 – Courthouse, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: Edward Parke Designed by Edward Park and supposedly based on the portico design and dimensions of the Temple of Theseus in Athens, Dundalk Courthouse is a fabulous classical revival building. Its main...

06 January 2010

1815 – Philipstown Mill, Dundalk, Co. Louth

In 1815 James Kieran and his brother William built Philipstown Mills, approximately three miles from Dundalk at a cost of £30,000 – £40,000. These extensive watermills took advantage of the adjacent Castletown River....

Pages:« Prev123