Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Durham

20 May 2011

1920 – Durham County Hospital

Architect: Edwin T. Hall & E. Stanley Hall From The Building News, July 23, 1920: “This group of hospital buildings occupies the southern aspect on the slope of a hill, there being a...

24 June 2010

1863 – St. Cuthbert’s Church, Durham

“The subject of our chief cut, the new church of St. Cuthbert, Durham, has just been completed, from the designs of Mr. Robson, of that city. The type upon which its architectural features...

07 May 2010

1899 – The Southend Estate, Darlington, Durham

Architect: Robert E. Brinkworth “This terrace of houses, of which we give a view with plans, is about to be commenced, and the undertaking forms part of a scheme for the laying out...

23 February 2010

1875 – Grammar School, Darlington, Durham

Architect: George Gordon Hoskins Now the location for the Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College which was established in 1970 on the site of the old Queen Elizabeth Grammar School. Much of the building...

02 November 2009

1881 – St. Cuthbert’s New Church, Ushaw, Durham

Architects: Dunn & Hansom Ushaw College (St Cuthbert’s College, Ushaw) is a Roman Catholic seminary, founded at Douai as the English College, Douai in France in 1568, which moved to Ushaw Moor, four...

23 October 2009

1875 – Woodside, Preston, Co. Durham

Architect: Adams & Brown From The Architect, December 11, 1875: This house is being built from the designs of Messrs. Adams & Brown, architects, Stockton- on-Tees, and is situate at Preston, on ground...

13 October 2009

1870 – New Assizes Courts, Durham

Architect: W. Crozier From The Builder, January 22, 1870: Durham Assize Courts have undergone complete revision under the direction of Mr W Crozier the county architect and may be considered new. They appear...

12 July 2009

1910 – Municipal Buildings, South Shields, Durham

Architect: Ernest E. Fetch After many years of delay and debate about the best site for a new Town Hall to meeting the needs of the rapidly expanding Borough of South Shields, it...

03 July 2009

1888 – Vicarage House, Herrington, Durham

Architect: J.H. Morton