Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

E. & W.S. Maxwell

04 July 2012

1906 – Royal Alexandra Hotel, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell The 18th and most luxurious of the Canadian Pacific Railway’s hotels, the Royal Alex closed in 1967 and was demolished in 1971. For many years, its ornate interior...

22 April 2010

1905 – Former Canadian Pacific Station, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architects: E. & W.S. Maxwell This was the fourth depot built by the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) from the construction of the main line through the Manitoba capital in the early 1880’s. Construction...

14 December 2009

1889 – Windsor Station, Montreal, Quebec

Architect: Bruce Price / E. & W.S. Maxwell In 1887, Canadian Pacific, just after completing the country’s first transcontinental railway, began building Windsor Station. The company wished to have a suitably imposing station...

01 October 2009

1907 – New Departmental Buildings, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell

01 October 2009

1907 – New Justice Buildings, Ottawa, Ontario

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell

30 September 2009

1898 – Canadian Pacific Railway Station, Vancouver, British Columbia

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell The second CPR station in Vancouver, and unlike the current classical-styled Waterfront Station was built in “railway gothic” like the CPR’s railway hotels. Sited on the waterfront on...

30 September 2009

1912 – Legislative Buildings, Regina, Saskatchewan

Architect: E. & W.S. Maxwell The Saskatchewan Legislative Building was built between 1908 and 1912 in the Beaux Arts style to a design by Edward and William Sutherland Maxwell of Montreal. The design...