Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Essex

24 June 2010

1864 – Congregational Church, Barking, Essex

Architect: W.P. Poulton “The memorial stone of a new Congregational Church, wag laid on the 6th of last month, at Barking. Of this building we give an illustration. The geometrical character of Gothic...

12 April 2010

1898 – Semi-Detatched Houses, Buckhurst Hill, Essex

Architect: A. Needham Wilson Published in The Building News July 27th 1898.

08 March 2010

1874 – Congregational Church & Schools, Woodford, Essex

Architect: Rowland Plumbe Woodford Congregational church was founded about 1790. Additions, including a new schoolroom, were made in 1861. The building was a rectangular stucco-faced building in the neo-classical style with a Corinthian...

11 January 2010

1898 – Passmore Edwards Holiday Home for Children, Clacton-on-sea, Essex

Architect: Charles Bell “The site is a very fine one, fronting the Marine Parade, in area 10 acres. The building will accommodate nearly 100 children, and is planned so that the dining and...

14 December 2009

1886 – Dining Hall & Classrooms , Salcombe College, Loughton, Essex

Architect: James Cubitt

09 December 2009

1886 – Woodhouse, Stansted, Essex

Architect: W.D. Caroe

01 October 2009

1880 – Town Hall, Saffron Walden, Essex

Architect: Edward Burgess The Town Hall is situated on the south side of the Market Square. It was first built in 1761 and extensively remodelled and extended in 1879. The hall owes its...

27 September 2009

1880 – Almshouses, Springfield, Essex

Architect: Joseph Clarke “These alms-houses have been erected by two ladies as a memorial, from the designs of Mr. Joseph Clarke, F.S.A. They are built of red brick, flint walls, and timbered gables,...

27 September 2009

1884 – New Church, Collier Row, Essex

Architect: Ernest C. Lee Perspective view published in The Building News, December 26th 1884.