Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Edward Welby Pugin

09 May 2013

1869 – Harrington House, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Commissioned by a Major Seel, it cost him £27,000, an enormous sum in those days. Through lack of funds he was unable to complete the furnishings, and never lived...

25 March 2013

1868 – Church of St Thomas of Canterbury and the English Martyrs, Preston, Lancashire

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin On 26 May 1866, Bishop Goss laid the foundation stone for the church. Designed by Edward Welby Pugin, the eldest son of Augustus Pugin. The church was initially meant...

03 January 2013

1869 – St. Joseph’s Church, Glasthule, Co. Dublin

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Completed by Ashlin after the demise of the partnership, although the original tower and spire designed by Pugin & Ashlin was never constructed. A later tower proposed by Ashlin...

19 December 2012

1859 – Design for St. Boniface Church, Whitechapel, London

Architect: E.W. Pugin “THE small chapel of St. Boniface, so long the only place of worship for the thirty thousand German Catholics in London, is to be replaced by a magnificent church worthy...

19 December 2012

1858 – Burton Closes Hall, Bakewell, Derbyshire

Architect: T.D. Barry & E.W. Pugin “THE country mansion which we this week engrave has been erected near Bakewell, in Derbyshire. It is the country residence of William Allcurd, Esq. The mansion was...

01 December 2012

1855 – Holy Cross Church, Croston, Lancashire

Architect: E.W. Pugin Built as an estate chapel, it served as a Chapel of Ease to Ss Peter & Paul, Mawdesley for the first 26 years of its history, after which it fell...

04 September 2012

1868 – St. Michael’s Orphanage for Girls, Bletchingley, Sussex

Architect: Edward Welby Pugin Constructed through the generosity of the Dowager Duchess of Leeds between 1865-68; the location was originally known as Bletchingley Farm, and intended for 120 girls. It later became St...

09 August 2012

1864 – Church of the Assumption, Our Lady’s Island, Co. Wexford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Fine church with tower and spire. Lovely interior with ribbed ceiling over arches on marble columns. Aisles are also ribbed. Interior largely intact. This file is licensed under the...

15 December 2011

1866 – S.S. Peter & Paul’s Church, Cork

Architect: E.W. Pugin Architecturally one of the finest churches in the city, the church was dedicated for worship on 29 June 1866. After an architectural competition in 1859, Pugin was awarded the commission...

Pages:123Next »