Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


18 September 2015

1950 – Inchicore Chassis Works, Inchicore, Dublin

Architect: Michael Scott & Associates In the late 1940’s Michael Scott became involved with Córas Iompair Éireann (CIE) the National Transport Company which came into being on the 1 January 1945 as a...

11 May 2015

1923 – John Player Factory, Botanic Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Hepworth & Rayson Former cigarette factory for John Player Ltd., designed by an English architectural partnership of Hepworth & Rayson. Later extended by Ashworth & Smith.

05 June 2013

1919 – Entrance, Skefko Ball Bearing Works, Luton, Bedfordshire

Architect: Alfred Brumwell Thomas Now known as SKF, it was founded in Gothenburg, Sweden by Sven Wingqvist, inventor of the double row self-aligning ball bearing. Founded in Luton in 1911 with 150 employees....

14 December 2012

1853 – W. & R. Jacob & Co.’s Biscuit Factory, Bishop Street, Dublin

The massive factory developed over several years for W. & R. Jacob & Co, who moved their small bakery from Waterford to Dublin. Vacated by Jacobs in 1976, after they moved to a...

29 October 2012

1896 – Gallaher Tobacco Factory, York Street, Belfast

Architect: Samuel Stevenson Architects Gallaher Tobacco Company, now part of Japan Tobacco, was originally founded in Derry in 1857 by Tom Gallaher. By 1896, he had opened the largest tobacco factory in the...

17 July 2011

1897 – Hogg and Mitchell Shirt Factory, Derry, Co. Derry

Architect: William Barker

Skip to toolbar