Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Francis Bergin

11 July 2013

1915 – Coliseum Theatre, Henry St., Dublin

Architect: Bertie Crewe & Francis Bergin This theatre was opened in April 1915 and destroyed in the 1916 Easter Rising. Shown here, in a photograph from the Capuchin Archive after its destruction. Also...

03 December 2010

1912 – Phoenix Cinema, Ellis Quay, Dublin

Architect: Francis Bergin Once every neighbourhood or major street had its own cinema, many are sadly gone. The Phoenix lives on, but as a furniture store. However a glimpse inside shows original staircases...

07 April 2010

1917 – No.3 Upper O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Francis Bergin Supposedly built with girders salvaged from the wreck of the GPO, No.3 is part of a cohesive terrace of red brick buildings with a continuous cornice. Notable for its large...