Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Francis Johnston

22 November 2011

1790 – Daly’s Club House, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Elevation of Daly’s Club House, College Green, 1823 Wide Street Commission Map 445/2. Part of the facade still remains. Daly’s Club House, was a gentlemen’s club in Dublin, Ireland, a...

07 May 2010

1813 – Former St. George’s Church, Hardwicke Place, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston St. George’s Church is a former parish church designed by Francis Johnston, and considered to be one of his finest works. The elegant spire, 200 feet high is a landmark...

07 April 2010

1814 – General Post Office, O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Built in 1814 and sited in the centre of Dublin’s main thoroughfare – O’Connell Street, the General Post Office was designed by Francis Johnston. Originally the building was faced by...

19 February 2010

1807 – Chapel Royal, Dublin Castle

Architect: Francis Johnston The Chapel Royal, or as it is now known the Church of the Most Holy Trinity, was designed in the Gothic style by Francis Johnston. It is built on the...

19 February 2010

1807 – Dublin Castle Ship Street Entrance

Architect: Francis Johnston The main entrance to the castle for vehicular traffic, the gate has a pedestrian walkway above for security. The gateway to the left leads to the Castle Steps which is...

16 February 2010

1803 – Former Houses of Parliament / Bank of Ireland, College Green, Dublin

Architect: Edward Pearce, James Gandon, Robert Parke, Francis Johnston This was the first purpose built Parliament House in the world and was constructed at a great time of public confidence in Dublin. The...

16 February 2010

1821 – Houses, Foster Place, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Two fine houses with fine cut stone ground floor levels, in this leafy cul-de-sac off Dame Street. In use as offices. Designed for Francis Johnston for the Bank of Ireland.

16 February 2010

1811 – Former Central Bank, Foster Place, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston The former Central Bank building is sited at the end of Foster Place. Until recently the Bank of Ireland Art Centre, it is now a tawdry tourist attraction. A simple...

05 February 2010

1766 – Royal Hibernian Military School, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: Francis Johnston Formerly the Royal Hibernian Military School, for children of deceased soldiers, it originally may have been designed by Thomas Cooley who did the school chapel in the grounds. Thirty years...