Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Frederick Darley

29 January 2015

1834 – Prison, Castlebar, Co. Mayo

Architect: Frederick Darley The former Castlebar prison was constructed between 1829 and 1834 at a cost of £23,000. According to Lewis, the gaol had 140 cells containing over 180 prisoners. The prisoners were...

01 January 2015

1831 – Straffan House, Straffan, Co. Kildare

Architect: Frederick Darley A 19th century mansion with the appearance of a French-Italianate château, with a seven-bay entrance front, the centre bay breaking forward, with a tripartite window above a single-storey, balustraded, Corinthian...

04 December 2014

1862 – Model School, Newtownards, Co. Down

Architect: Frederick Darley Designed in a Jacobean style, the Model School opened in July 1862. One of a ]number of Model Schools around the country, it was non-sectarian with the different religions of...

01 October 2014

1847 – Model House, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Architect: Frederick Darley Erected as an Agricultural Training School with suitable offices and a 48 acre farm attached. Intended as a training school where eight pupils boarded and were taught both the theory...

01 October 2014

1850 – Model Schools, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan

Architect: Frederick Darley The Model Schools were erected between 1848 and 1850, the costs of which was funded by Sir John Young, later Lord Lisgar. Divided into separate boys and girls schools with...

06 June 2013

1854 – Great Southern Hotel, Killarney, Co. Kerry

Architect: Frederick Darley Constructed after an architectural competition in 1852, that was won by William Atkins with a premium also awards to Richard Brash. The railway line to Killarney from Dublin was about...

18 March 2013

1843 – St. Patrick’s Church, Clonevan, Co. Wexford

Architect: Frederick Darley St. Patrick’s Church at Clonevan (also spelt Clonevin) is in the Church of Ireland parish of Ardamine, County Wexford in the Diocese of Cashel and Ossory. The church was erected...

17 September 2012

1839 – Bethesda Chapel, Granby Row, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Darley Erected around 1839 as the Protestant Bethesda Chapel to replace an earlier one of 1789. The squat building was fronted by a simple, classical portico with two Ionic columns. Tall,...

25 April 2011

1821 – Merchant’s Hall, Wellington Quay, Dublin

Architect: Frederick Darley Originally built as a Guild hall but after the 1841 Municipal Reform Act which saw members of Dublin Corporation directly elected rather than through the influence of the Guilds, the...

Pages:12Next »

Skip to toolbar