Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

G.C. Ashlin

07 March 2013

1913 – Church of Christ the Redeemer, Myshall, Co. Carlow

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Also known as the Adelaide Memorial Church. Built as a memorial to Constance Duguid, an englishwoman who was engaged to be married to a member of a local landowning family....

03 January 2013

1869 – St. Joseph’s Church, Glasthule, Co. Dublin

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Completed by Ashlin after the demise of the partnership, although the original tower and spire designed by Pugin & Ashlin was never constructed. A later tower proposed by Ashlin...

09 August 2012

1864 – Church of the Assumption, Our Lady’s Island, Co. Wexford

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Fine church with tower and spire. Lovely interior with ribbed ceiling over arches on marble columns. Aisles are also ribbed. Interior largely intact. This file is licensed under the...

16 April 2012

1900 – Lunatic Asylum, Portrane, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Reputed to be the most expensive capital project ever undertaken by the British Government in Ireland, Portrane Lunatic Asylum had a massively complex plan. This was due to the desire...

15 April 2012

1884 – St. Finnian’s Church, Kilfinane, Co. Limerick

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Completed in 1884, but designed in 1877-78 with illustrations published in The Building News, March 22nd 1878.

24 October 2011

1870 – Convent of Mercy, Tipperary, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Church added by Ashlin to existing convent of around 1846.

22 October 2011

1906 – St. Mary`s Church, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Architect: Walter G. Doolin / Ashlin & Coleman Selected after an architectural competition to replace an earlier church of 1841. The foundation stone was laid in 1892, and the church was largely complete...

19 October 2011

1879 – St. Nicholas Church, Carrick-on-suir, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Italian Romaneque style church by George C. Ashlin. A fine detached campanile alongside adds vertical emphasis. The interior is Ashlin’s interpretation of a roman basicilia. The church was began in...

09 July 2011

1848 – Dominican Friary, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: John Benson / G.C. Ashlin Church constructed between 1845-48 replacing an earlier church of 1763. A tower was added several years later. G.C. Ashlin added chancel decoration including mosaics and altar railing...


Skip to toolbar