Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

G.C. Ashlin

27 May 2011

1886 – Sun Alliance, Trinity St., Dublin

Architect: George C. Ashlin The offices for the Sun Alliance Fire and Life Co., was built after a competition to the designs of George C. Ashlin. Sited at the corner of Andrew and...

04 April 2011

1880 – Presbytery, John’s Lane West, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin The presbytery to the rear of the St. Augustine’s Church on Thomas street is a tall five storey Victorian building, that seems taller when viewed from the surrounding narrow and...

15 October 2010

1902 – O’Connell Memorial Church, Caherciveen, Co. Kerry

Architect: G.C. Ashlin The Daniel O’Connell Memorial Church of the Holy Cross, a Gothic Revival-style Church designed by George C. Ashlin. East, West & South Elevations published in The Architects 1888. It was...

17 August 2010

Ashlin, George Coppinger (1837-1921)

Ashlin was born on 28 May 1837, in a house named “Carrigrenane” in Little Island, Co Cork. He received his early education at the Collège de St Servais, Liège. While at St Mary’s...

11 June 2010

1891 – St. Michan’s Church, Halston Street, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin G.C. Ashlin rebuilt St. Michan’s Roman Catholic church, which was originally built on Anne Street North, in 1891 with a new façade and tower on Halston Street. Described in 1837...

09 June 2010

1846 – St Audoen’s, High Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick Byrne, G.C. Ashlin Site beside the much older and similarly named Church of Ireland, St Audoen’s Church was built between 1841-1846 and designed by Patrick Byrne (responsible for other churches in...

03 May 2010

1872 – St. Kevin’s Church, Harrington Street, Dublin

Architect: George C. Ashlin St. Kevin’s Church opened in Harrington St., Dublin, in 1872 to serve the Roman Catholic parish of St. Kevin, which had been split from St. Catherine’s in 1855. There...

10 February 2010

1886 – No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed by G.C. Ashlin to resemble a French Renaissance corner pavilion, this building was the result of an architectural competition for offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company....

02 February 2010

1879 – Church of the Holy Cross, Dundrum, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Described in a contemporary account as ‘built as far as practicable on the lines of the old chapel only much larger and with [a?] wider transept’. Completed and ready for...

Skip to toolbar