Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

G.C. Ashlin

28 September 2009

1860 – St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Armagh

Architects: Thomas Duff / J.J. McCarthy / G.C. Ashlin / Liam McCormack The second of the cathedrals of Armagh, the Roman Catholic Cathedral is sited on a hill to compete with the older...

23 September 2009

1913 – St. Colman’s Cathedral, Cobh, Co. Cork

Architect: E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin Designed by Edward W. Pugin and George Ashlin, this magnificent cathedral, which dominates Cork Harbour from land and sea, took 47 years to build, and was completed...

23 September 2009

1868 – Presbytery, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1868 while the church was under construction, the Presbytery shows much of Pugin’s hand than Ashlin’s. This is a fine Victorian...

23 September 2009

1867 – Saint Patrick’s Church, Fermoy, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Originally designed by the Pain brothers in 1836, the interior is Gothick in style with later fittings by S.F. Hynes. The exterior however is by E.W. Pugin and G.C....

23 September 2009

1867 – Convent of Mercy, Skibbereen, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin This chapel, just erected by Mr. W. Murphy, Bantry, has been dedicated. It is in connection with the existing convent, which is situated on an elevation at eastern entrance...

23 September 2009

1869 – Ballyhooley Catholic Church, Mallow, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin “This church, of which we give an illustration, is to be erected on a suitable site near Mallow, Co. Cork, for the Rev. Mr. Burton. The architects have been...

23 September 2009

1872 – Sacred Heart Church, Monkstown, Co. Cork

Architect: Pugin & Ashlin Designed by E.W. Pugin & G.C. Ashlin in 1866, opened in 1872, but the church was not finally completed until 1881 when the spire was finished. Built out of...

17 September 2009

1878 – Church of the Annunciation, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in Early French Gothic style with the nave, aisles and chancel terminating in 3 semicircular apses.The foundation stone was laind on 29 March 1875, and the church dedicated 27...

17 September 2009

1882 – Church of the Sacred Heart, Templemore, Co. Tipperary

Architect: G.C. Ashlin Designed in 1877, this fine Gothic revival church by George Ashlin is largely intact inside. As published in The Building News, October 4th 1878. pened for celebration of mass in...