Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

G.P. Beater

22 July 2015

1894 – Schools & Mission, Mill Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Methodist school and mission constructed in 1894/95 including a remodelling of a Dutch Billy. Ironically the older building has survived better, being slated for renovation, while Beater’s additions have been...

21 July 2015

1894 – Design for entrance and railings, Nelson’s Pillar, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater “The new entrance porch and enclosing railing (of which we give an illustration), have just been carried out for the trustees from designs by and under the superintendence of Mr...

20 July 2015

1894 – Baptist Church, O’Connell Avenue, Limerick

Architect: G.P. Beater After being in use for some years, the Baptist Church on O’Connell Avenue was eventually sold to the adjacent St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic community and is now used as a...

13 August 2014

1881 – Villa, Dartry Park, Rathmines, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater “This neat residence of which we give a perspective view, has been erected for J.H. Reid, Esq., from the designs and under the superintendence of MR. G.P. Beater, Dawson-street. It...

13 June 2014

1875 – Dining & Confectionary Shop, Arnott & Co., Henry Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P Beater Destroyed by fire in 1894. A description published in 1875: “The premises now erecting for Messrs. Arnott and Co., in Henry-street, will contain besides the front and back shops (the...

12 May 2014

1880 – Design for Municipal Buildings, Glasgow

Architect: G.P. Beater Unsuccessful entry for new municipal buildings for Glasgow by Dublin architect George P. Beater. “We learn that the number of drawings sent in last year for the proposed municipal buildings...

20 March 2014

1878 – Design proposals for Great Western Square, Dublin

Architects: James H. Bridgford & G.P. Beater, John L. Robinson Design proposals for artisan dwellings for the Midland Great Western Railway Company adjacent to Broadstone Station in Dublin. About eighty designs were submitted...

06 March 2014

1883 – Design for National Museum, Kildare St., Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater An unexecuted competition design by Dublin architect G.P. Beater to design a complex of museum and library around Leinster House, then part of the Royal Dublin Society. Published in The...

04 March 2014

1886 – No.18 Lower O’Connell Street, Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Constructed at the corner of Sackville Place, next to the Imperial Hotel, which contained Clery’s, for George Mitchell, Esq. Finished in Ruabon Brick with Ballinasloe limestone dressings. Published in The...

Pages:12Next »