Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

George Edmund Street

17 March 2011

1880 – St. James Church, Kingstone, Dorset

Architect: George Edmund Street Started in 1874, completed in 1880, by the third Earl of Eldon, the architect was George Edmund Street (1824–1881). It is a cruciform building, with an apse, central tower...

11 March 2011

1868 – Crimea Memorial Church, Istanbul, Turkey

Architect: George Edmund Street During the Crimean War, the need was felt for an Anglican church to minister to British sailors and others in Constantinople. At the same time, in 1856, back in...

11 March 2011

1862 – Church of SS. Phillip & James, Oxford

Architect: George Edmund Street Construction began on May 1, 1860, with the laying of the foundation stone by Samuel Wilberforce, Bishop of Oxford. The church was designed by G.E. Street, the Diocesan architect,...

25 February 2011

1873 – Design for Edinburgh Cathedral

Architect: George Edmund Street Perspective view of unsuccessful design for Edinburgh Cathedral – the commission was won by George Gilbert Scott. Published in The Architect, January 11th 1873.

22 February 2011

1860 – St. John’s Church, Howsham, Yorkshire

Architect: George Edmund Street Constructed 1859-60 by Street for Hannah Cholmley.

14 February 2011

1873 – Church of St. John, Torquay, Devon

Architect: George Edmund Street Interior perspective view published in The Architect, April 19th 1873. Built between 1861-73 to the designs of G.E. Street, west tower completed 1884-85 by A.E. Street to his father’s...

11 February 2011

1860 – St Dionis, Backchurch, London

Architect: George Edmund Street St Dionis Backchurch was a church dedicated to the patron saint of France in Langbourn Ward one of the 25 within the City of London, first mentioned in 1538...

02 February 2011

1888 – Bristol Cathedral, Gloucestershire

Architect: George Edmund Street & John Loughborough Pearson Elevations, Tranverse Section of New Nave & Plan published in The Building News, October 20th 1876. The Cathedral Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity...

15 September 2010

1867 – Church of St. Saviour, Eastbourne, Sussex

Architect: George Edmund Street By the middle of the nineteenth century, Eastbourne was a growing town noted for its healthy climate. The railway had arrived in 1849 and an increasing number of people...