Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

George Gilbert Scott (Jnr)

20 May 2013

1879 – St. Marks Church, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) St. Marks Church completed in 1879 with later additions and alterations including C20 buildings to north. Erected in memory of Dame Francis Wheeler, endowed by her brothers Charles...

09 October 2012

1877 – The Church of St. Agnes, Kennington, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) Demolished after World War II following serious bomb damage. This church is described in The Buildings of England, London 2: South as “one of the noblest Gothic Revival...

08 February 2011

1875 – St. Agnes Church, Vicarage & School, Kennington Park, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) Construction began in 1875 on this neo-Gothic building by George Gilbert Scott, Jr. The church was outfitted by his apprentice, Temple Moore, and included stained glass by Charles...

26 August 2009

1884 – St. John the Baptist, Norwich, Norfolk

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) In 1976 St John the Baptist Church, Norwich became the Roman Catholic cathedral.

20 July 2009

1878 – Brompton Oratory Competition, Kensington, London

An architectural competition was announced in January 1878 to design a new church. It was not limited to Catholics, and offered prizes of £200 and £75. The chief requirements were: the style was...

29 June 2009

Scott, George Gilbert (Jnr)

Son of Sir George Gilbert Scott, and brother of John Oldrid Scott. Among the buildings he designed was St John the Baptist Church, Norwich, which was later to become a cathedral. He was...

29 June 2009

1876 – Cambridge Divinity Schools, Cambridgeshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott (Jnr) Elevations & plans from the The Building News, December 22nd 1876.

08 June 2009

Scott, John Oldrid (1841-1913)

Born in London, the second son of Sir George Gilbert Scott, and father of Sir Giles Gilbert Scott (1880-1960), he trained with his brother, George jnr, in his father’s office from 1860. He...