Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

George Gilbert Scott

24 February 2011

1876 – New Church, Mitton, Stourport, Worcestershire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Perspective & interior view published in The Building News, September 29th 1876

17 February 2011

1859 – Chapel, Royal Dockyard, Woolwich, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott St Barnabas Church was originally designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott and was built between 1857 and 1859 as the Naval Dockyard Church at Woolwich Dockyard. It stood for...

15 February 2011

1874 – St.-Nikolai-Kirche, Hamburg, Germany

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Constructed 1845-8), bombed during World War II and now a ruin. The church was the tallest building in the world from 1874 to 1876 and is still the second-tallest...

15 February 2011

1868 – Foreign and India Offices, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott The Foreign and Commonwealth Office building originally provided premises for four separate government departments: the Foreign Office, the India Office, the Colonial Office, and the Home Office. Construction on...

15 February 2011

1860 – Restoration of Lichfield Cathedral, Staffordshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Interior perspective view looking east and west showing proposed reredos, screen, throne and stalls. During the Victorian era, the ornate west front of Lichfield Cathedral was extensively renovated by...

14 February 2011

1857 – Design for Halifax Town Hall, Yorkshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott Perspective View published in The Building News, October 23rd 1857.

14 February 2011

1859 – All Souls Church, Haley Hill, Halifax, Yorkshire

Architect: George Gilbert Scott All Souls was commissioned and paid for by the local industrialist Edward Akroyd in 1856, and was intended to be the centrepiece of the model village of Akroydon. Akroyd...

14 February 2011

1858 – New Library, Exeter College, Oxford

Architect: George Gilbert Scott

09 February 2011

1873 – Midland Grand Hotel, St Pancras, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott In May 1865, while the adjacent station was still being constructed, the Midland Railway Company launched a competition for the design of a 150 bed hotel, with eleven architects...