Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

George Gilbert Scott

11 January 2010

1880 – Bute Hall, Glasgow University

Architect: John Oldrid Scott In 1870 a new-build campus was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott in the Gothic revival style for Glasgow University replacing their traditional location. The largest of these buildings...

14 December 2009

1875 – Premiated Design for New Parliament House, Berlin

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott Premiated entry after international architectural competition to design a new parliament for the then recently unified Germany.

29 September 2009

Scott, Sir George Gilbert (1811-78)

A proponent of the Ecclesiological principles of church design, he developed the ability to blend elements from disparate architectural sources. Dedicated to the historic preservation of medieval buildings, Scott helped restore many churches...

29 September 2009

1884 – Cloister, Westminster Abbey, London

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott

02 September 2009

1879 – St Mary’s Episcopalian Cathedral, Edinburgh

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott After an architectural competition, this design of Sir George Gilbert Scott was chosen from six others. One of three designs by Sir George Gilbert Scott, for a church...

06 August 2009

1885 – St. John’s Cathedral, Newfoundland

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is located in the city of St. John’s, Newfoundland. This parish in the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador was founded...

20 July 2009

1879 – St James’s Church, Marylebone, London

Architect: George Gilbert Scott “The chm-ch of St. James, Marylebone, is a plain structure of Italian architecture, of which the most interesting feature, perhaps, is the roof, the construction of which is a...

14 July 2009

1878 – Design for Rathaus Hamburg, Germany

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott

14 July 2009

1878 – Design for Rathaus Hamburg, Germany

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott

07 July 2009

1878 – Tynemouth Priory Church Proposed Restoration, Northumberland

Architect: Sir George Gilbert Scott