Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

George Halpin

02 December 2013

1816 – Corn Exchange Building, Burgh Quay, Dublin

Architect: George Halpin The Corn Exchange Building designed by George Halpin in 1815 was approved by the Wide Streets Commissioners in 1816 with work commencing soon afterwards. Its granite facade still remains on...

21 September 2012

1850 – Former Bank of Ireland, Church St., Portlaoise, Co. Laois

Architect: George Halpin Former bank branch for the Bank of Ireland. Probably a converted house, the building has a fine set of Victorian railings to the street. Still existing today, the building looks...

06 March 2012

1817 – Fanad Lighthouse, Co. Donegal

Architect: George Halpin Construction started in 1812-13 with the tone brought pre-cut from North Wall, Dublin. Light first lit St Patrick’s Day 1817.

07 July 2010

1847 – Lighthouse East Pier, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Halpin, This permanent lighthouse and dwelling was designed by Chief Engineer with the Ballast Board, George Halpin, with some later alterations by Jacob Owen. The cost of the granite tower was...

28 January 2010

1817 – Harbour Lighthouse, Howth, Co. Dublin

Architect: George Halpin Fine lighthouse on the end of the southern arm of the harbour. The lighthouse also had a defensive purpose, a circular wall alongside defends a gun position. Two-bay two-storey ashlar...

06 January 2010

1845 – No.16 Park Street, Dundalk, Co. Louth

Architect: George Halpin / Millar & Symes Designed for the Bank of Ireland by George Halpin, this building was remodelled for Millar and Symes in the first part of the twentieth century. Banded...