Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

George L. O’Connor

27 May 2013

1907 – Bohemian Bar, Doyle’s Corner, Phibsborough, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor George L. O’Connor was the architect responsible for rebuilding of the licensed premises for John Doyle, grocer and wine merchant. Finished in Milverton limestone, Kingscourt facing brick and terracotta,...

22 April 2012

1923 – Lyric Cinema, James Street, Dublin

Architect: Patrick J.F. Munden & George L. O’Connor Image courtesy Irish Architectural Archive. Munden and Purcell collection, ref no. 85/141.60/2. Former cinema, long darkened, later in use as part of a commercial premises....

11 March 2011

1915 – No.31 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Existing building adapted in 1915 by O’Connor by remodelling the ground and first floor facade to provide a new commercial unit.

11 March 2011

1915 – Nos. 148-149 Capel Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Commercial building with two shop units, unfortunate shop fronts.

21 February 2010

1920 – Automobile Association, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor The offices of the Automobile Association are contained within this ornate office building from the early part of the 20th century.

10 February 2010

1911 – The International Bar, Wicklow Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor

04 February 2010

1864 – Allied Irish Bank, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: Charles Geoghegan / George L. O’Connor Fine small bank branch in an Italianate style with manager’s residence to the rear. The interior of the banking hall is ornate without being overpowering. The...

04 February 2010

1922 – Former Presbytery, Arran Quay, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Former presbytery for the neighbouring St. Paul’s Church, and now offices for a Catholic church-based youth organisation. A substantial house, well set-back from the traffic, it is a far-cry...

02 February 2010

1915 – Terraced Housing, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: George L. O’Connor Fine terrace of housing with commercial premises on the end with a nice corner entranceway. Leads into a scheme of similar houses built for Pembroke UDC. Opened by Chief...

Pages:12Next »