Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr


14 October 2015

1905 – St. Columba’s Church, Iona Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Ashlin & Coleman Sadly uncompleted, the tower being capped at the second stage, below the apex of the roof of the nave. The interior is largely intact, as constructed, with marble reredos...

11 May 2015

1923 – John Player Factory, Botanic Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: Hepworth & Rayson Former cigarette factory for John Player Ltd., designed by an English architectural partnership of Hepworth & Rayson. Later extended by Ashworth & Smith.

08 January 2015

1878 – St. Vincent de Paul Orphanage, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: John Sterling Butler / John L. Robinson Opened in 1857, where the apartments in Dalcassian Downs now stand. This had accommodation for 150 boys and also provided school facilities. Known as St...

07 May 2014

1879 – Mortuary Chapel, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: J.J. McCarthy The present-day entrance gates, offices and mortuary chapel at Glasnevin were designed by J.J. McCarthy (1817 -1882), Ireland’s pre-eminent architect of Catholic churches. Hiberno-Romanesque in style, a symbol of the...

07 May 2014

1886 – Design for Cardinal MacCabe Memorial, Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.J. O’Callaghan Premiated designs for memorial to Roman Catholic Prelate Cardinal MacCabe. The competition was won by George C. Ashlin. Illustration published in The Irish Builder, July 1 1886.

15 January 2014

1908 – Malborough Hall, Mobhi Rd., Glasnevin, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller Constructed in 1908, and extended in 1911 and 1919, it was built as a teacher training college, and later a residence for male students. Tt has been used by several...

13 January 2014

1880s – Marlborough House, Glasnevin, Dublin

Marlborough House was a large domestic dwelling which had been used as a teacher training college. It was registered as a detention centre for up to 50 boys on 24th March 1944. For...

29 October 2012

1882 – T.H. Burke Memorial, Glasnevin Cemetery, Dublin

Architect: Thomas Drew Proposed by the Resident Magistrates of Ireland, 1882. Published in The Building News, August 18th 1882. Thomas Burke was murdered by the Invincibles in 1882.

04 February 2011

2010 – Glasnevin Trust Museum, Dublin

Architect: A&D Wejchert & Partners Glasnevin Cemetery is run by the Glasnevin Trust, the cemetery first opened in 1834, and from the beginning was completely open to people of all faiths. Very little...

Pages:12Next »