Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

glasshouses

22 October 2013

1840 – Glasshouse, Botanic Gardens, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Charles Lanyon As originally built, it was to the designs of Charles Lanyon in 1840. Turner & Walker were the contractors for first stage. The central dome, built by Young of Edinburgh...

30 August 2012

1914 – Conservatory, Como Park, St. Paul, Minnesota

Architect: Frederick Nussbaumer Inspired in part by the landscape designs of H.W.S. Cleveland, Frederick Nussbaumer, Superintendent of Parks from 1891 to 1922, worked tirelessly to create an outdoor haven for the area’s urban...

23 February 2010

1877 – Llandudno Gardens & Aquarium, Wales

Architect: Driver & Rew Perspective View including ground plans as published in The Building News, March 16th1877.

05 February 2010

1880 – Glasshouse, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Substantial glasshouses in the walled garden of Farmleigh house.

26 January 2010

1884 – Great Palm House, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin

Costing £800, the Great Palm House, which was made of wood and iron, was prefabricated in the Scottish town of Paisley by James Boyd & Son. It was shipped to Ireland in pieces,...

22 January 2010

1869 – Curvilinear Range, Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, Co. Dublin

Architect: Richard Turner The Curvilinear Range of Glasshouses at the National Botanic Gardens were constructed between 1843 and 1869 and designed by native Dubliner Richard Turner. He was also responsible for designing the...

21 January 2010

1860 – Ardgillan Glasshouse, Balbriggan, Co. Dublin

Dating from around 1860, this fine and recently restored glasshouse is made of timber rather than cast iron. The glasshouses are set in the gardens of Ardgillan Castle and are open to the...

17 September 2009

1878 – Conservatory of Flowers, San Francisco, California

Architects: Lord & Burham The Conservatory of Flowers is an elaborate Victorian greenhouse with a central dome rising nearly 60 feet high and arch-shaped wings extending from it for an overall length of...

02 September 2009

1858 – Palm House – Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh

Architect: Robert Matheson A magnificent Victorian Palm House with wonderful masonry topped by a graceful ironwork roof, the Palm House reopened in 2002 after a lengthy restoration.

Pages:12Next »