Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Gloucestershire

05 May 2014

1899 – Schools, Ashley Down, Bristol Gloucestershire

Architect: Paul & James “These schools have been lately erected at Ashley Down, Bristol, for the Bristol School Board. The materials of which the buildings are composed are local bricks with Bath atone...

05 May 2014

1899 – The General Draper, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Paul & James On the corner with Hinton Lane the General Draper was rebuilt in the 1890’s and removed for road widening in 1964, Designed by S. Paul & James who designed...

05 May 2014

1899 – The Jolly Sailor, Hanham, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Paul & James Still a public house, today but run by Wetherspoon. “This house has recently been erected at Hanham, near Bristol, for the Bristol Brewery, Georges and Co., Ltd. The materials...

29 March 2014

1869 – Granary, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ponton & Gough The Granary was built in 1869 for Wait, James and Co. As large amounts of grain were spread out to dry in this building, so it had to be...

29 March 2014

1899 – Public Library & Technical Schools, Gloucester, Gloucestershire

Architect: Waller & Son Still in use today as a public library, the main Gloucester Library in Brunswick Road was constructed at the end of the 19th century as a memorial to Queen...

29 March 2014

1899 – Dominions House, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Arthur Blomfield Jackson Originally built for the Star Life Assurance Building to designs by Arthur Blomfield Jackson, who also designed their Dublin offices. The building was never completed as designed, the top...

24 March 2014

1864 – National Provincial Bank, Corn St., Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: W. Bruce Gingell Early branch for the National Provincial Bank.

15 July 2013

1919 – Badminton Court, Stowell Park, Gloucestershire

Architect: Sydney Tatchell Published in The Building News, August 20 1919: “The Badminton Court is erected on the site of some old stables. The new building is designed to harmonise with the west...

15 July 2013

1923 – War Memorial Chapel, Dean Close School, Cheltenham

Architect: Leonard W. Barnard The School, originally “The Dean Close Memorial School”, was founded in 1886 in memory of local former of Cheltenham and Dean of Carlisle Cathedral, Francis Close (1797–1882). In the...