Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Architecture of Gloucestershire

06 March 2012

1876 – Residence Near Bath, Gloucestershire

Architect: James Hicks Residence Near Bath, Perspective View & Plans published in The Building News, September 8th 1876.

06 March 2012

1895 – Proposed Country Church, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Edward Gabriel Published in The Building News, November 1st 1895.

29 March 2011

1898 – Cabot Tower, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: W.V. Gough Cabot Tower was constructed in memory of John Cabot, 400 years after he set sail from Bristol and landed in what was later to become Canada. The foundation stone was...

06 March 2011

1874 – Interior of Church Now Being built Nr. Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Ponton & Gough Interior of Church Now Being built Nr. Bristol, published in The Building News, July 25th 1874

14 February 2011

1871 – Premiated Design for Assize Courts, Bristol, Gloucestershire

Architect: Godwin & Crisp Front Elevation published in The Building News, June 9th 1871. An interesting background into this design was published in The Architect, May 8, 1869: “we have Messrs. Godwin &...

02 February 2011

1888 – Bristol Cathedral, Gloucestershire

Architect: George Edmund Street & John Loughborough Pearson Elevations, Tranverse Section of New Nave & Plan published in The Building News, October 20th 1876. The Cathedral Church of the Holy and Undivided Trinity...

15 September 2010

1886 – Bourton-on-the-Water Church, Gloucestershire

Architect: T.G. Jackson Once the site of a Norman church, but this was demolished in 1784 and the present one was built on the site. This church was designed by William Marshall, a...

02 September 2010

1880 – Villa Residence at Stoke Bishop, Gloucestershire

Architect: Henry Shaw Published in The Building News, January 9th 1880.

20 July 2010

1870 – St. Andrew’s Church at Toddington Park, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

Architect: George Edmund Street St. Andrews, the 3rd church to stand on this site in Toddington, was designed by George Edmund Street who had been commissioned by the 3rd Lord Sudeley. Work started...