Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Grafton Street Dublin

21 March 2014

1881 – Nos. 96-100 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Fine commercial block at the corner of Grafton and Wicklow Streets. At one point, almost the entire block to Suffolk Street was the work of Mitchell – in addition to...

04 October 2013

1848 – Brown Thomas, Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: William Caldbeck Started in 1848 with a large extension a decade later, and Italianate in style. Gutted in the 1990s for Marks & Spencer, only the facade remains of the warren of...

23 March 2013

1910 – Woolworth’s, Grafton St., Dublin

Architect: O’Callaghan & Webb The first F. W. Woolworth store in Ireland opened in 1914 on Grafton Street in Dublin. Eventually spread over three adjacent commercial units. The southernmost was No.101, a solid...

07 May 2012

1767 – Dublin Society, No. 112-113 Grafton St., Dublin

The first home of the Dublin Society (later the Royal Dublin Society) on Grafton Street. The architect Thomas Ivory was commissioned to design the museum inside the building, but the architect of the...

24 June 2010

1863 – No.26 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: Sir Matthew Digby Wyatt “The experiment which Mr. Digby Wyatt has tried in the design of the premises which we have selected for our principal illustration of the current week is one...

26 February 2010

1870 – No.42 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: William Mitchell Redeveloped by Mitchell in 1870 for Rathborne’s as a shop and billiards room.

19 February 2010

1931 – No.52 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: Robinson Keefe An unusual corner building at the top of Grafton Street complete with modern interpretation of the corner towers used on many Dublin corners. Known as Noblett’s Sweet Shop for many...

17 February 2010

1912 – Nos.102-3 Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Byrne & Son Originally constructed for West & Son, in a style heavily influenced by Richard Norman Shaw’s work in England. Described as having a “Louis XVI interior”.

17 February 2010

1885 – Commercial Union Building, Grafton Street, Dublin

Architect: T.N. Deane & Son Designed in 1879 by Thomas Manly Deane of T.N Deane & Son as offices for the Commercial Union Assurance Company, this is a fine exercise in Scottish Baronial...

Pages:12Next »