Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Greenock

28 September 2012

1871 – Free Middle Church, Greenock, Scotland

Architect: Salmon, Son & Richie James Smith, minister of the Middle parish, with a large congregation, “came out” in 1843. A new church, “the Brick Kirk” was opened in August of that year....

24 June 2010

1863 – Free West Church, Greenock, Scotland

“This church, recently opened,””and a particular description of which appeared in a previous number of the Builder,””is situate in the west end of Greenock, at the corner of Ardgowan and Kelly streets. The...

12 November 2009

1879 – Municipal Buildings, Greenock, Scotland

Architect: H.& D. Barclay In 1879 Charles Barry, Junior, President of the Royal Institute of British Architects, awarded the Barclays the commission for the new Municipal Buildings at Greenock. It was then by...

09 June 2009

1879 – Unbuilt Design for Greenock Municipal Buildings, Scotland

Architect: Beatson Habershon “The second premium was awarded to the design illustrated by Mr. Charles Barry, the architectural adjudicator, out of 50 designs. The existing town-hall and council-chamber submitted occupy the centre of...