Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

halls

18 August 2014

1862 – Ulster Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: William Barre Opened in 1862, by the Ulster Hall Company, the hall’s purpose was to provide the expanding city of Belfast with a multi-purpose venue of sufficient size. On its opening night...

12 June 2014

1901 – Unbuilt Design for Wesleyan Centenary Hall, London

Architect: Banister Fletcher & Sons This formed the subject of a limited competition for the new Wcsleyan Centenary Hall in Bishopsgate-street, and the instructions to architects contained the following ideas of the trustees...

23 May 2014

1876 – Catholic Hall, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal

Architect: Timothy Hevey “This building, of which we gave exterior and interior views with last number, has been erected in Letterkenny, County Donegal, to supply a want long experiences, as heretofore there was...

14 May 2014

1875 – St. Mary’s Hall, Belfast, Co. Antrim

Architect: Alexander Macalister The design was chosen as a result of an architectural competition. St Mary’s Catholic Hall was used for concerts and dances, and also included a primary school until 1901. It...

09 April 2014

1903 – Savage Memorial Hall & Public Library, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Architect: H.A. Cheers The erection of this library was made possible by a donation from the Estate of William Savage and a subsidy from the Colonial Government. Cheers’ design was selected after an...

09 April 2014

1897 – Unbuilt Designs, Savage Memorial Hall, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Architect: Bateman & Bateman An architectural competition was held to design this public library and hall, it was won by English architect Henry A. Cheers. Second place was awarded to Bateman & Bateman....

26 March 2014

1886 – Parochial Hall, Bray, Co. Wicklow

Architect: Thomas Phillips Figgis Irish-born architect who was articles to Alfred G. Jones before moving to London, where he had a long career. His only recorded work in Ireland is this parochial hall...

07 June 2013

1886 – St. Thomas’s Parochial Hall, Marlborough St., Dublin

Architect: Alfred G. Jones Constructed during 1885-86 to complement the adjoining church of 1762 by John Smyth. The church and hall were gutted by fire which destroyed most of the O’Connell Street area...

10 May 2013

1904 – Knox Memorial Hall, Monkstown, Co. Dublin

Architect: Millar & Symes Erected by Mrs Alice Knox in memory of her husband, Capt. Edward Chaloner Knox, at a cost of nearly £4,000. Originally Mrs. Knox intended “to build a home for...