Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

halls

03 November 2012

1877 – St. Andrew’s Halls, Glasgow, Scotland

Architect: James Sellars With its massive and striking classical facade, with four large sculptured groups by artist John Mossman, St. Andrew’s Hall was funded by a private company to meet the demand for...

19 July 2012

1906 – St. Annes Parish Hall, South Tottenham, London

Architect: Spencer W. Grant Perspective ncluding ground & upper floor plans published in The Building News, August 24th 1906.

23 May 2012

1920 – Village Hall, Hardingham, Norfolk

Architect: Baillie Scott Published in The Building News, December 10 1920: “This hall was formally opened on Wednesday List, and was the gift to the village of Mrs. Edwards and Captain B.M. Edwards,...

05 April 2012

1843 – Conciliation Hall, Burgh Quay, Dublin

Architect: Peter Martin / W.H. Byrne The Conciliation Hall built as a meeting place for Daniel O’Connell’s Loyal National Repeal Association. In 1897, it was rebuilt as a concert hall by W.H. Byrne...

06 July 2011

1900 – Design for Cartwright Memorial Hall, Bradford, Yorkshire

Architect: H. & E. Martin Unsuccessful entry to design multi-purpose hall for Bradford. Published in American Architect and Building News, January 27, 1900.

09 August 2010

1905 – Wesleyan Methodist Hall & Connexional Offices, Westminster, London

Architect: Mallows & Cross Selected design of competition, perspective view ~ Ground & 1st floor plans, published in The Building News, June 30th 1905.

30 June 2010

1994 – O’Reilly Hall, University College Dublin, Co. Dublin

Architect: Scott Tallon Walker By the 1990s the need was recognized for an “˜aula maxima’ for University College Dublin as a home for conferring, alumni events and general conference. A lakeside site was...

13 April 2010

1914 – St Luke’s Parish Hall, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Woodman & Carey The parish hall to St Luke’s was designed by Winnipeg architects Woodman & Carey and constructed in 1913-14. Although by a different architect than the church, the English variant...

12 April 2010

1887 – Parish Buildings, St. Giles’s, Oxford

Architect: H. Wilkinson Moore In June 1860, the college sold some land in lots for building along the west side of the Woodstock Road, but in the next month the first real step...