Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

halls

12 April 2010

1887 – Parish Buildings, St. Giles’s, Oxford

Architect: H. Wilkinson Moore In June 1860, the college sold some land in lots for building along the west side of the Woodstock Road, but in the next month the first real step...

04 March 2010

1875 – Lecture Hall, Hawkhurst, Kent

Architect: Alfred Williams This was built, as a lecture hall, for Mr. Henry Maynard in 1875. It was subsequently a village hall (and now known as Victoria Hall) and is now a smart...

27 January 2010

1911 – Northumberland Hall, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin

Architect: G.P. Beater Built as a meeting hall, this is an attractive Arts & Crafts building. Now containing offices of an architects firm – Moloney O’Beirne Architects.

11 January 2010

1880 – Bute Hall, Glasgow University

Architect: John Oldrid Scott In 1870 a new-build campus was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott in the Gothic revival style for Glasgow University replacing their traditional location. The largest of these buildings...

08 January 2010

1860 – Geraldine Hall, Maynooth, Co. Kildare

Architect: E. McAlister Geraldine Hall, designed by E. McAlister and originally built as a Church of Ireland School. It retains many important early or original features and materials, including some diamond-leaded fenestration, timber...

07 January 2010

1865 – Whitworth Hall, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William Barre Built by Benjamin Whitworth for the benefit of the citizens of Drogheda, this vigourous composition in Lombardo-Romanesque is a good contribution to the street-scape. It cost over 4,000 pounds at...

06 January 2010

1925 – St. Michael’s Hall, Carlingford, Co. Louth

Small parish hall whose architectural detail is a simple stripped Italianate classicism executed in render.

31 December 2009

1897 – Former Library, Fr. Mathew Hall, Athlone, Co. Westmeath

The old library, which was in Fr. Mathew Hall since the 1950s, has now been vacated and Keith Williams Architects have done a feasibility study for its future use as an art gallery....

30 December 2009

1895 – Gillooly Memorial Hall, Sligo, Co. Sligo

Architect: P.J. Kilgallen Built to commemorate the deceased Bishop Gillooly who was a campaigner against alcohol. The interior is classic victorian – polished mahogany and leaded glass. The exterior is grim and foreboding,...