Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Hamilton ON

24 January 2012

1853 – Central School, Hamilton, Ontario

Central Public School was opened in 1853 to accommodate 1,000 students in the largest graded school in Upper Canada. Central was the first public school in Hamilton. It incorporated a scheme of an...

24 January 2012

1881 – Hamilton Provident & Loan Society, Hamilton, Ontario

Demolished in 1960.

24 January 2012

1890 – Library, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: In 1913 the first Hamilton Public Library vacated their building, built on Main Street West near James in 1890, and moved across the street into the new Carnegie Library. The City finally...

24 January 2012

1893 – Post Office, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Demolished 1930

29 November 2011

1877 – St Patrick’s Church, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: Joseph Connolly Joseph Connolly who was born in Limerick, received his training in the Dublin office of James Joseph McCarthy (1817-81). McCarthy specialized in work for the Roman Catholic Church, and was...

25 January 2011

1906 – Queen Victoria School, Hamilton, Ontario

Demolished in 2005.

24 January 2011

1895 – T.H. & B Station, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: William Stewart Station belonging to the Toronto, Hamilton and Buffalo Railway Company that existed from 1892 through 1987 as a separate railway serving the Hamilton, Ontario area. Interestingly, although based in Hamilton,...

24 January 2011

1891 – Royal Hamilton Yacht Club, Ontario

Architect: William Stewart Short-lived and eccentric building, opened in 1891 and destroyed by fire in 1915.

24 January 2011

1890 – City Hall, Hamilton, Ontario

Architect: James Balfour Demolished in 1960. Replaced by a fine example of the International Style by City Architect Stanley Roscoe.