Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Hampshire

14 January 2014

1898 – Design for Urban District Offices, Eastleigh, Hampshire

Architect: Hall, Cooper & Davis This design was submitted in the recent competition by Messrs. Hall, Cooper, and Davis. Accommodation was provided for rate-collector’s office, council clerk’s public and private offices, surveyor’s public...

20 April 2013

1920 – Estate of Cottages, Metchet Court, Hampshire

Architect: Deane & Braddell The Building News, August 27 1920:” This village hall and eight cottages are designed for the Melchet Court Estate. The plan of the hall is designed to allow of...

28 January 2013

1871 – Premiated Design for Winchester Town Hall, Hampshire

Architect: Jeffery & Skiller

28 January 2013

1866 – St Mary, Itchen Stoke, Hampshire

Architect: Henry Conybeare The architect of the new church, the second on the site, was the rector Charles Conybeare’s younger brother Henry Conybeare, a civil engineer with an interest in Gothic architecture, who...

15 October 2012

1871 – Design for Winchester Town Hall, Hampshire

Architect: E.W. Godwin Unsuccessful design published after a competition in The Building News, August 25th 1871.

05 September 2012

1866 – The Hampshire Bank, Southampton

Architect: R. Critchlow “Compared with the number of banks recently opened in London the provinces cannot be said to have done much in this kind of building, and perhaps it is all the...

03 September 2012

1872 – All Saints Church, Hordle, Hampshire

Architect: Giles & Gane The present parish church, All Saints, was built in 1872 and succeeded a previous building on the same site dating from 1830. It is constructed of red brick with...

03 August 2012

1876 – Odiham Endowed Grammar School, Hampshire

Architect: Edmund Woodthorpe The school was setup in the 1870s, following the Endowed Schools Act of 1869. Pupils were now required to pay fees to attend the school and a new building was...

13 July 2012

1878 – Church of the Holy Trinity, Privett, Hampshire

Architect: Arthur W. Blomfield In 1863, William Nicholson of the firm of J&W Nicholson & Co, gin distillers, bought the nearby estate of Basing Park. Many of the buildings in Privett were built...