Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Hampstead

07 January 2014

1878 – Studios, ‘Charlecote’, Hampstead, London

Architect: Batterbury & Huxton The illustration shows a studio and chambers lately erected for C. Green, Esq. The whole of the elevations are faced with red bricks, the porch and the front windows...

31 March 2013

1870 – St. Steven`s Church, Hampstead, London

Architect: Samuel S. Teulon Designed by Samuel Sanders Teulon and he considered it the best of the 114 churches he designed, calling it his “mighty church”. From 1864 to 1867 funds were raised,...

11 June 2012

1860 – Chapel, Heath St, Hampstead, London

Architect: Charles G. Searle Published in The Building News, August 3 1860. A non-conformist chapel designed to accommodate around 800 people. Still exists today.

26 February 2011

1779 – Kenwood House, Hampstead, London

Architect: Robert Adam The original house dates from the early 17th century, with the orangery added in about 1700. In 1754 it was bought by William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield. He commissioned...

24 February 2011

1880 – ‘Beauchene’, Fitzjohn Avenue, Hampstead, London

Architect: George Lethbridge George Lethbridge was born in 1847 or 1848. He served his articles with William Henry Reid of Plymouth and commenced independent practice in London in 1870. He was presumably related...

04 January 2011

1878 – “Blair Hyrne”, Hampstead Hill Gardens, London

Architect: Batterbury & Huxley Elevations, Section & Plans and details from The Building News, March 29th 1878.

19 August 2010

1877 – ‘Sunnycote’, Hampstead, London

Architect: Batterbury & Huxley Designed for for John Ingle Lee esq. and published in The Building News, February 23rd 1877.

31 May 2010

1886 – St. John’s Church, Hampstead, London

Architect: T.G. Jackson New Choir Stalls, Organ Case & Painted Decorations by T.G. Jackson. Published in The Building News, December 17th 1886.

04 May 2010

1902 – Four Houses at Hampstead, London

Architect: Cyril E. Power Published in The Building News, September 19th 1902.

Pages:123Next »