Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

Hatch Street Dublin

24 April 2013

1842 – St. Matthias’s Church, Hatch St., Dublin

Architect: Daniel Robertson Part of a proposed development called Wellington Square, St. Matthias’s Church was the only Irish church designed by Daniel Robertson. Robertson was better known in Ireland for his country houses...

06 July 2010

2000 – Styne House, Hatch Street, Dublin

Architect: Gilroy McMahon Formerly ACC House, a 25 year old office building in need of total modernisation. Gilroy McMahon redesigned the building in its entirety – stripping out and recladding of the building....

06 July 2010

1972 – Former Dunlop Premises, Hatch Street, Dublin

Architect: Office building, on a site high above streetlevel adjacent to Harcourt Street railway station. Now demolished.

28 June 2010

1970 – International House, Hatch Street, Dublin

Architect: Burke-Kennedy Doyle Large office development on a sloping site that allowed for underground parking. Finished with concrete aggregate panels that compliment the colour of the brickwork on Hatch Street.

10 June 2010

1759 – Hatch Street, Dublin

The Leeson family owned this area but they let sites to John Hatch, after whom the street is named, in 1759. Hatch was a lawyer and director of the Royal Canal Co. and...

09 June 2010

1913 – Jesuit Residence UCD, Hatch Street, Dublin

Architect: C.B. Powell Probably the strangest 20th Century building in Dublin and definitely the last hurrah of Victorian Gothic for a religious based institution, this little known building is tucked away on Hatch...